Saturday, March 12, 2011

She's Gone Again Ch. 1 Part 2

A piercing scream escapes my lips. The truck hit Courtney… right in front of my eyes. The truck skidded off as soon as it happened. I run over and she’s just lying there. “Someone help!” I yell. Soon after the ambulance arrives and I explain the story. They take Courtney away in the ambulance. 
A police officer drives me to school. I walk in the building and the halls are completely empty. Then I spot Vonte. He walks over hugs me. “Hey baby.” he said softly.  My eyes must still be red because he asks me what’s wrong. “Nothing, I don’t really want to talk about it.” I say. He’s say okay and goes to class. I walk to first block. I hate this class the teacher is always in my face about everything.
“Why are you late Vanessa?” Mr. Santana says sternly. “Uh, why are you on my jock? I was excused because of an incident this morning.” I said annoyed.  I walk over and sit down by Amber. We talk for the rest of the class.
The bell is really loud as I’m standing right next to it. I stand in the hall for a minute watching people pass. Vonte grabs my hand and we walk out the side door. We walk every afternoon to go pick up Desiree. As we walk I tell him everything about that has happened over these 2 days. After getting Desiree we go home. “Are you sure you’re okay?” he said concerned.  “I’m fine.” I say. Vonte kisses me goodbye and I walk in the house.
While Desiree is taking a nap I watch TV and get on twitter. Nicki Minaj is who keeps me going every day. I just sit and think about that time when she called me. She was doing her Ustream. That was the first time I ever talked to her. That was the best day of my life!
The doorbell rang and it was my daddy…                                                                                                          

1 comment: